Center za upravljanje z dediščino živega srebra Idrija
Museum for the Idrija and Cerkno Regions was founded in 1953 with the goal of preserving the heritage of the Idrija Mercury Mine. Today, it is in national public service of the Idrija and Cerkno regions. Among other things, it focuses on the history of technology and preserving technological heritage. It collects, archives, studies and presents movable heritage and manages technical monuments of national importance: Gewerkenegg Castle, the kamšt water pump, and the traditional miner’s house. In 1997, the museum was declared the best European monument of industrial and technical heritage.